My visit to Nasa Space Center Houston 21-Mar-2004
On my US work trip in Houston, on the weekend I went to
Nasa Space Center Houston,
"Official Visitors Center of NASA's Johnson Space Center".
I bought the normal adult ticket 17.95 US$ and got 1 US$ discount with the
ticket I got from the hotel. With some 5 more dollars, you could also
take the tram tour to the official area of Space Center. But I was only
visiting the Visitor Center itself.
Even that the Visitor Center is the most visible part,
there are many
other things there too. Johnson Space Center cooupies more than 1600 acres
and eomploys more than 14000 people and there are:
- Home to Mission Control Center, where space shuttle missions are
monitored, directed and managed. (Everybody remembers "Houston, we
have a problem.")
- Astronauts training.
- Lunar rocks are studied and cared here. (800 pounds of rocks)
- Human adaptation to space is investigated.
- Development of technology for humans to be in space.
- Lead center in the design and implementation on the International Space
I was about 4 hours in the Visitor Center. Pretty much
can be seen from the pictures. I was also attending all threee theatre
that there were every half an hour.
Official Visitors Center of NASA's Johnson Space Center
1601 NASA Road 1
Houston, Texas 77058
Phone (281) 244-2100
Fax: (281) 283-7724